|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Portable and multi-interface IRC client
- Enable plugin for alias control.
- Enable encoding conversions.
- Enable exec plugin.
- Enable FIFO support (sh pipes).
- Enable support for logging.
- Enable relay plugin (experimental)
- Build infrastructure for scripting.
- Enable trigger plugin.
- Enable xfer plugin support.
- Enable IRC protocol support.
WeeChat is a terminal based chat client. It can be scripted with Python, Perl, Ruby, Lua, C, Tcl, and Scheme.
# emerge weechat
If you are going to use plugins, make sure to add the USE flags corresponding to the language of the plugins you wish to use.
Configuration can be done in three ways.
- iset: A script used within WeeChat
- /set and /window: Using input commands to change options within WeeChat
- .conf: Using the .conf files that are in ~/.weechat.
For the sake of this wiki, the /set and /window commands will be used for configuration.
This is just an example of how windows can be split. If a user wants 24 windows, that is possible. The percentage used is relative to the current window being split:
/window splith 20
This gives you a horizontal split at 20% on the top and 80% on the bottom
/window splitv 50
This will split the bottom screen into two horizontal windows.
/window splitv 50
This will split the top screen into two horizontal windows.
The window will now be broken into 4 sections dependent upon the percentage used during the splits.
|Window 2||Window 4|
|Window 1||Window 3|
Use the /bar command to manipulate bars.
To list current bars:
For example, to add a root inputbar:
/bar add rootinput root bottom 1 0 [buffer_name]+[input_prompt],input_text
/set weechat.bar.rootinput.color_bg black
/bar del input
Check the user guide for more configurations and bar types.
Use the /script command to go to the script list.
To install a script:
/script install <name of script>
or using the keybinds of the script buffer, Alt+i to install.The title screen has more information on the keybinds/commands that are available.