Difference between revisions of "Metro Improvements"
Revision as of 06:49, January 9, 2012
This page documents potential improvements to Metro.
It would be helpful to move Metro away from being just a bunch of config files. Right now, the config files drive Metro. It would be better to focus on documenting the Python API, and then the config files become a means of populating the API with data, but direct python commands could always be executed instead. Then the config exists to populate the API with data.
- Add data element
- Add file
- Specify template for arbitrary file in chroot (to make it easy to modify any file)
- Chroot and execution API
- Cleanup API
- Packaging API
- Get rid of multi-targets and replace with python API calls
- Use API to create new metro front-end to replace ezbuild.sh
- metro with real command-line arguments, like -m or --multi to enable multi-mode, -b or --build to specify build, etc.
- LiveCD support
- Kernel build and Initramfs support (for testing as well as pre-built packages)
- General pre-built package support
- Sandbox support
- Metro does not currently properly handle simultaneous snapshot creation