Additional Kernel Resources
With Funtoo, OpenRC loads modules from
/etc/conf.d/modules using the line:
modules_2_6="list of modules"
With Funtoo, define module arguments as follows:
If you prefer to manually configure and compile a kernel from source code directly, keep these things in mind:
- You are touching the very low level aspects of a system, it is absolutely normal to have difficulties in properly setting up a kernel (in fact, configuring a Linux Kernel could be considered a bit of an art)
- Take your time to investigate, it is a great occasion to Google a bit for some unknown notions (e.g. What is an I2C bus ? Hey, what is token ring ? What is a kernel module?).
- When your first kernel configuration is done, you can reuse it as a basis of configuration
- In case of doubt, keep the suggested defaults
- If you want your system to boot, and your are not using an initrd, you'll need to build all boot-related filesystems and drivers into the kernel directly rather than as modules.