Funtoo Authentication FAQ
Revision as of 17:49, June 2, 2014 by Drobbins
- Why funtoo-auth?
- Funtoo-auth, the Funtoo authentication system, currently in beta, allows a single username and password to be used for wiki, bug tracker and forums.
- How do I create an account for wiki, bugs and forums?
- Go to http://auth.funtoo.org:9093/new to create an account that can be used across all sites.
- Are usernames case-sensitive?
- Yes, at least the bug tracker treats usernames as case-sensitive, so take this into account when selecting a username and logging in.
- Where is my avatar coming from?
- The forums, bugs and wiki use Gravatar to retrieve your avatar. Head over to gravatar.com to set up an avatar. The avatars on the forum will default to Gravatar, but will also allow you to upload a custom avatar.
- I had an old wiki account -- will it still work?
- When the new wiki (with the new look) was deployed, old user accounts were not migrated. You will need to create a new account.
- I have an old bugs.funtoo.org account, and it still works. How should I proceed?
- Create a new Funtoo account with the same username as your existing bugs.funtoo.org account. Then start using your new account to log in to JIRA. JIRA will recognize that you are the same user.
- How do I reset my password?
- One of the missing pieces in the Funtoo authentication infrastructure is an automatic way to reset your password. This will be added soon. For now, contact drobbins at funtoo dot org via email, or drobbins on #funtoo IRC (freenode) to reset your password.