|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Console file manager with vi(m)-like keybindings
- Compatibility with previous versions of vifm
- Enable features of interest to developers
- Support for extended keys (arrows, home etc)
- Use gtk+ to determine mimetypes
- Use libmagic to determine mimetypes
- Install the vifm vim plugin and vim-compatible documentation
- Install the vifm vim plugin
- Pulls in related vim syntax scripts
- Add support for X11
IP Space Migration ContinuesAll Funtoo user containers in the 8.28 IP space will be moving into our new IP space (172.97) over the next few days. If you have DNS set up -- be sure to watch your container and update to the new IP! container.host.funtoo.org DNS will be updated after the move.
Funtoo Hosting IP MoveFuntoo user containers with IPs in the 72.18.x.x range will be gradually migrating to new IP addresses this week. If you have DNS entries for your containers, please be aware that your DNS will need to be updated.
New ARM StagesNew ARM Stages, built with a new toolchain, are now hitting mirrors. Existing ARM users should re-install using these stages (dated Aug 3, 2015 or later,) rather than upgrade using emerge.
Vifm is an ncurses based file manager with vi like keybindings/modes/options/commands/configuration, which also borrows some useful ideas from mutt. If you use vi, vifm gives you complete keyboard control over your files without having to learn a new set of commands.
- cross-platform (GNU/Linux, *BSD, Solaris, Windows, Mac OS)
- UTF-8 support
- user mappings (almost like in vi)
- ranges in command-line commands
- user defined commands (support ranges)
- operation undoing/redoing
- FUSE file systems support
- multiple files renaming (also known as "bulk renaming" or "batch renaming")
- filename modifiers
- Color schemes
- file name color according to generic file type
- path specific colorscheme customization
- operation backgrounding
- customizable file viewers
- handy less-like preview mode with support of colors
- (interactive) filtering out and searching for files using regular expressions
- one or two pane view
- shell-like command line editing
- multicolumn view
- ls-like view
- customizable file name prefixes and suffixes
- built-in integration with GNU Screen and tmux
- external editing of command line
There is seperate git repository containing a collection of color themes for vifm.
If you would like to just have one theme you could download it via wget like this:
$ wget -P ~/.vifm/colors https://raw.githubusercontent.com/vifm/vifm-colors/master/solarized-dark
If you prefer to download all themes you could clone the entire repository, and stay up to date.
$ rm -rf ~/.vifm/colors $ git clone https://github.com/vifm/vifm-colors ~/.vifm/colors
To check for updates just type
$ cd ~/.vifm/colors. $ git pull