Difference between revisions of "Flavors and Mix-ins"
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
Latest revision as of 09:16, December 28, 2014
This page documents flavors and mix-ins, which are components of Funtoo profiles:
A system can have only one flavor profile enabled at a time. The following flavors are available:
- This flavor defines the most minimal possible flavor. It currently only contains defaults for all Funtoo Linux flavors.
- The core flavor is the minimal flavor plus reasonable USE options, and is used for stage3 builds.
- The server flavor is intended for servers but at this time just tracks core.
- The workstation flavor is a minimal desktop system. It includes the core flavor plus these mix-ins: X, audio, dvd, media, console-extras
- The desktop flavor is a full-featured desktop system, minus desktop environment (add KDE, GNOME or XFCE as a mix-in.) It includes the workstation flavor plus printing support.
A system can have any number of mix-ins enabled at a time. The following mix-ins are available:
- Enables core audio-related settings, currently related to ALSA.
- Enables things that are nice to have for console-only systems. Currently enabling gpm in USE.
- USE settings related to optical drives -- CDR/DVD-ROM/RW use.
- USE and package.use settings required to merge GNOME.
- Enables hardened support.
- USE and package.use settings required to merge KDE.
- USE settings related to audio/video media encoding. Can be for desktops or servers.
- Enables printing capability.
- settings required for running a system that uses a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5-based kernel.
- settings related to using Funtoo Linux as a VMWare virtual machine guest.
- Settings related to the X Window System and hardware support.
- USE settings required for merging XFCE.