Your Benevolent Dictator for Life
- Daniel Robbins is the Chief Architect of Funtoo Linux, and so-called "Benevolent Dictator for Life."
Your Core Team
Funtoo Linux Core Team members are Funtoo Linux developers who are actively contributing to technical aspects of Funtoo Linux, and are available for resolving bugs and other QA issues. Please see Core Team Responsibilities for general policies, Funtoo Linux Vision for an understanding of strategic direction, and TODO for immediate things that need to get done.
Core Team Lead
- Daniel Robbins (interim)
The Core Team Lead (effectively the day-to-day leader of the project) is now a rotating position, with 3-month to 6-month terms, and all Core Team members are expected to serve in this capacity at some point (dates are flexible.) The acting Core Team Lead will have the opportunity and responsibility to provide leadership for the project, and help the project pursue initiatives that he/she finds personally interesting or is passionate about and are in line with the general goals of the project.
The Core Team Lead will also coordinate closely with Daniel Robbins regarding project direction and BDFL initiatives, and keep in close communication with the rest of the Core Team. The other Core Team members are responsible to assist the Core Team Lead in pursuing these initiatives, just as the Core Team Lead is responsible to support Core Team members in their day-to-day development and support activities. The Core Team Lead will also be engaged with end users and be responsible for leading the effort in fixing build breaks and other critical bugs, along with Daniel Robbins and with the support of the Core Team. A key aspect of the Core Team Lead position is to ensure that coordination, communication and execution of important tasks are happening in an effective way, throughout the entire Funtoo Community (Users, Contributors, Core Team and BDFL.)
The Core Team Lead position is designed to share the opportunity and responsibility of running the project fairly, among all team members, and it is a great opportunity for Core Team members to grow in their skills and abilities.
Active Core Team Members:
- Oleg Vinichenko - angry_vincent - 1 extended term as Core Team Lead, thru 17 Jan 2012
- Fred Larsen - funfool - Joined 29 Oct 2012
- Scott Caie - anak1n - Joined 29 Oct 2012
- Dan Molik - graytshirt - Joined 30 Oct 2012
Semi-Active Core Team Members:
- Martin Scholz - golodhrim is the Community Team Lead and manages Flora.
- Jean-Francis Roy - jeanfrancis is the Experimental Team Lead, 1 term as Core Team Lead, thru 16 June 2012
- Ryan Harris - rh1 - Funtoo Stable maintainer.
- Richard Yao
Funtoo Linux Staff are those who contribute to non-development aspects of Funtoo Linux.
Contributors are active Funtoo Linux developers who have made significant contributions to Funtoo Linux, as well as former Core Team members who are currently inactive. Some contributors have overlays that are automatically incorporated into the Funtoo Linux Portage Tree. Others work on projects in their own repositories and make periodic contributions to Funtoo Linux.
- Benedikt Böhm = hollow - Metro contributor
- Jonas Bernoulli - tarsius
- Víctor Román Archidona - vroman
- Lee Thompson - Stagr.Lee - Vagrant/VeeWee hacking
- Adrien Dessemond - 404_Error - Funtoo SPARC (since epoch 1296959908)
- Giuseppe Miceli - ferdy - new
- Daniel Cordero - TheAppleMan
- Brant Gurganus - brantgurga
- Mathieu Bélanger - destroyFX
Where your Core Team comes from
|BDFL (Founder)||Core Team Members|
It might be possible that some users are to near together so they aren't shown, for that zoom in and see if there are more users :)