Currently, this is still BETA and needs more testing.
Want to create your own custom profiles? Thought up a mix-in that's not currently in the Funtoo profiles? Have an overlay with profiles and want to make it easy for people to use them? Well you've come to the right place. This article will show you how to easily add you own profiles. No more ugly hacking of parent files and other nonsense. Once you follow this guide, not only will portage easily recognize your profiles, they will also show up in eselect right along with the ones from the main tree.
How to do it
Rules to follow
- For eselect support you will need the new version from funtoo. Currently eselect-220.127.116.11_beta3.
- Your overlay must have a profiles directory. It must include a repo_name file with the name of your overlay.
- Your profiles must be inside of the profiles directory
- You need a profiles.desc file inside the profiles directory. See profiles.desc.example in your funtoo portage tree for instructions
- If your creating profiles of types arch,build,flavor, or mix-ins, your profile must be inside a directory with same name. Ex profiles/my_profile/flavor/new_profile, profiles/my_profile/mix-ins/subdir/profile.
- Currently NoMix (see profiles.desc.example) is only supported for profiles in the same tree.
Example of how to set up