|Current Maintainer(s):||Oleg Vinichenko|
|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Video player based on MPlayer/mplayer2.
- Enable playback of Blu-ray filesystems
- Enable Bauer stereophonic-to-binaural headphone filter
- Build mpv CLI player
- Enable CDDA support via dev-libs/libcdio-paranoia
- Build documentation in pdf format
- Enable Kernel Mode Setting / Direct Rendering Manager based video output
- Enable EGL backend for X11 OpenGL video output (experimental)
- Enable support for charset discovery and conversion using app-i18n/enca
- Enable support for saving screenshots to JPEG format
- Enable support for charset discovery and conversion using app-i18n/libguess
- Build mpv shared library
- Enable Lua scripting, OSC (On Screen Controller) GUI and net-misc/youtube-dl hook-script
- Use dev-lang/luajit instead of dev-lang/lua
- Enable Video4Linux2 MPEG PVR
- Enable support for the Raspberry Pi
- Enable high quality pitch correction via media-libs/rubberband
- Enable media-libs/libsdl2 based video and audio outputs
- Install additional video filters for using with -vf dlopen
OpenSSH 7 Disables DSA Keys By DefaultPlease be aware of this important change to avoid getting locked out of your Funtoo server.
Project Unfork StatusHere's an update on Project Unfork, plus other neat things.
IP Space Migration ContinuesAll Funtoo user containers in the 8.28 IP space will be moving into our new IP space (172.97) over the next few days. If you have DNS set up -- be sure to watch your container and update to the new IP! container.host.funtoo.org DNS will be updated after the move.
mpv is a fork of mplayer2, to learn more about the differences take a look at their docs. Currently there is only mpv version 0.6.1 availabe in Funtoo
# emerge media-video/mpv
mpv does not come with a graphical user interface (beside the video display). All settings are placed in a config file, a short example is provided below:
# Save the video position on quit save-position-on-quit # Use the vdpau driver for hardware decoding (for nvidia cards) hwdec=vdpau # Video output driver. A list can be displayed via: mpv -vo=help vo=opengl
The config file is completely optional, but mpv is highly customizable. It is suggested that you take a look at the man page:
# man mpv
You may create a separate file called input.conf for customizing the shortcuts for mpv. The example below binds the key "n" to skip to the next video in the current playlist and the key "p" to skip to the previous video:
n playlist_next p playlist_prev
The man page provides information about all possible bindings.