Revision as of 00:51, 15 November 2010 by Brantgurga
Funtoo uses several components to start up. However, the overall process is rather simple and much like any other system.
- Some sort of bootloader starts.
- The kernel is loaded into memory and begins execution.
- The kernel loads an initramfs or initrd image if one exists and begins executing it.
- The kernel, initrd, or initramfs passes execution to the init system.
- OpenRC is built around the init system to start and stop services appropriately.
- A mechanism for login is presented.