|Source Repository:||Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Samba is an Open Source/Free Software suite that provides seamless file and print services to SMB/CIFS clients. Integration with various accounting and antivirus backends.
- Enable Active Directory support
- Enables support for swat configuration gui
- Enables support for the winbind auth daemon
- Enables the client part
- Enables the server part
- Enable building of netapi bits
- Enable AD DNS integration
- Enable asynchronous IO support
- Enable support for clustering
- Enable support for DMAPI. This currently works only in combination with XFS.
- Enable the ldb tools
- Enables support for user quotas
- Enable smbclient tool
- Enable special smb share modes (?)
- Enable Samba Traffic Analyzer version 2
- Enabling iPrint technology by Novell
RSS/Atom SupportYou can now follow this news feed at http://www.funtoo.org/news/atom.xml .
Creating a Friendly Funtoo CultureThis news item details some recent steps that have been taken to help ensure that Funtoo is a friendly and welcoming place for our users.
CPU FLAGS X86CPU_FLAGS_X86 are being introduced to group together USE flags managing CPU instruction sets.
Samba is a package that enables windows shares within linux. Samba can be used with gvfs, and mount to make remote shares appear as if they contain local data.
Samba configs conflict within versions, if you're experiencing problems with updates, remove samba entirely from the system, and reinstall from scratch. Once samba starts to run good with default configurations, start inserting custom configurations.
# emerge net-fs/samba
Here is an example of my samba 3x series /etc/samba/smb.conf file. This should work for samba 4x series but may take some adaptation. https://gist.github.com/666threesixes666/5505323
Windows uses wins, netbios, and netbui. to address a machine as //server or //doze requires these services activated otherwise you're restricted to ip/alias/dns to connect to a computer on the LAN.