This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
Funtoo uses several components to start up. However, the overall process is rather simple and much like any other system.
- Some sort of bootloader starts.
- The kernel is loaded into memory and begins execution.
- The kernel loads an initramfs or initrd image if one exists and begins executing it.
- The kernel, initrd, or initramfs passes execution to the init system.
- OpenRC is built around the init system to start and stop services appropriately.
- A mechanism for login is presented.