Funtoo Linux Installation on ARM
From Funtoo Linux
Revision as of 19:38, 30 October 2012 by 188.8.131.52
Funtoo now provides stage3 images for arm platform. At this time are only armv6j and armv7a_hardfp stages available.
List of ARM processor "flavors"
- armv4l-unknown-linux-gnu (Rebel NetWinder, HP Armada and other devices having an ARMv4 processor, which is only capable of running the old ABI. Nevertheless it should work on newer CPUs)
- armv4tl-softfloat-linux-gnueabi (OpenMoko FreeRunner and other devices using an ARMv4T processor. Uses the new ARM EABI and software floating point by default)
- armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi (almost all ARM NAS, devices based on the Marvell Orion and Marvell Kirkwood, Marvell Sheevaplug, Marvell OpenRD, Guruplug, Dreamplug, QNAP TS109/TS209/TS409/TS119/TS219/TS419, Buffalo Linkstation/Kurobox PRO, HP mv2120, HP iPAQ, Linksys NSLU2 and other devices using an ARMv5TE processor. Uses the new ARM EABI and software floating point by default)
- armv6j-unknown-linux-gnueabi (Nokia N800/N810, Smart Q7, OMAP2-based devices and other multimedia devices using an ARMv6 CPU and VFP. Uses the new ARM EABI and hardware floating point by default)
- armv7a-unknown-linux-gnueabi (OMAP3-based devices(Beagleboard, IGEPv2, Devkit8000, AlwaysInnovating Touchbook, Nokia N900), OMAP4-based devices(Pandaboard), Freescale i.MX515-based devices(Efika MX, Babbage Board, Lange Board…) Marvell Dove/Armada, Nvidia Tegra2-based devices(Toshiba AC100, Toshiba Folio), ST-Ericsson NOVA A9500-based devices(Snowball), Exynos 4412 (Odroid-X, Odroid-Q) and other devices using an ARMv7-A processor. Uses the new ARM EABI and generic(not NEON) hardware floating point by default
- armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi (The same as armv7a-unknown-linux-gnueabi, but this one uses hardfloat instead of softfp. Read more about it here: http://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatPort)