|Current Maintainer(s):||Oleg Vinichenko|
|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Video player based on MPlayer/mplayer2.
- Enable playback of Blu-ray filesystems
- Enable Bauer stereophonic-to-binaural headphone filter
- Build mpv CLI player
- Enable CDDA support via dev-libs/libcdio-paranoia
- Build documentation in pdf format
- Enable Kernel Mode Setting / Direct Rendering Manager based video output
- Enable EGL backend for X11 OpenGL video output (experimental)
- Enable support for charset discovery and conversion using app-i18n/enca
- Enable support for saving screenshots to JPEG format
- Enable support for charset discovery and conversion using app-i18n/libguess
- Build mpv shared library
- Enable Lua scripting, OSC (On Screen Controller) GUI and net-misc/youtube-dl hook-script
- Use dev-lang/luajit instead of dev-lang/lua
- Enable Video4Linux2 MPEG PVR
- Enable support for the Raspberry Pi
- Enable high quality pitch correction via media-libs/rubberband
- Enable media-libs/libsdl2 based video and audio outputs
- Install additional video filters for using with -vf dlopen
Project Unfork StatusHere's an update on Project Unfork, plus other neat things.
IP Space Migration ContinuesAll Funtoo user containers in the 8.28 IP space will be moving into our new IP space (172.97) over the next few days. If you have DNS set up -- be sure to watch your container and update to the new IP! container.host.funtoo.org DNS will be updated after the move.
Funtoo Hosting IP MoveFuntoo user containers with IPs in the 72.18.x.x range will be gradually migrating to new IP addresses this week. If you have DNS entries for your containers, please be aware that your DNS will need to be updated.
mpv is a fork of mplayer2, to learn more about the differences take a look at their docs.
Currently there is only mpv version 0.3.11 availabe in Funtoo, higher versions have been masked because they require a masked version of libav.
However if you use media-video/ffmpeg you can safely unmask it for virtual/ffmpeg
To learn more about unmasking packages, and making sure you really want to do this, take a look at the article on the Gentoo wiki.
# emerge --ask --autounmask-write =media-video/mpv-0.4.2 # dispatch-conf # emerge --ask =media-video/mpv-0.4.2