|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Chromium is the Open Source Web browser that serves as the foundation for Google Chrome.
- Enable support for high-resolution screens (high dots per inch)
- Enable voice-recognition support (Ok Google)
- Disable optimized assembly code that is not PIC friendly
- Enable proprietary codecs like H.264, MP3
- Use bundled tcmalloc instead of system malloc
- Support the Widevine DRM module from www-plugins/chrome-binary-plugins
ARM RebuildARM systems will use new stage3's that are not compatible with earlier versions.
ABI X86 64 and 32Funtoo Linux has new 32-bit compatibility libraries inherited from Gentoo. Learn about them here.
Pre-built kernels!Funtoo stage3's are now starting to offer pre-built kernels for ease of install. read more....
Chromium is the free open source version of Google Chrome. This package takes a very long time to compile.
# emerge www-client/chromium
You may instead accept all licenses and emerge google-chrome (which is binary, and not open source), if you prefer a shorter compile time.
# emerge www-client/google-chrome