|Source Repository:||Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Chromium is the Open Source Web browser that serves as the foundation for Google Chrome.
- Disable patent-encumbered HTML5 video codecs
- Enable support for high-resolution screens (high dots per inch)
- Disable optimized assembly code that is not PIC friendly
- Enable proprietary codecs like H.264, MP3
- Use bundled tcmalloc instead of system malloc
- Support the Widevine DRM module from www-plugins/chrome-binary-plugins
How We're Keeping You At the Center of the Funtoo UniverseRead about recent developments that keep you, our users, at the forefront of our focus as Funtoo moves forward.
New OpenGL management in FuntooFuntoo is switching to an improved system for managing multiple OpenGL providers (Mesa/Xorg, AMD and NVIDIA). The update may involve blockers and file collisions.
Subarch Profiles are coming...Subarch profiles are on their way! Learn more here.
Chromium is the free open source version of Google Chrome. This package takes a very long time to compile.
# emerge www-client/chromium
You may instead accept all licenses and emerge google-chrome (which is binary, and not open source), if you prefer a shorter compile time.
# emerge www-client/google-chrome