|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Chromium is the Open Source Web browser that serves as the foundation for Google Chrome.
- Use GN (generate ninja) instead of GYP for building
- Use gtk3 instead of gtk2
- Enable support for Google Hangouts features such as screen sharing
- Enable support for high-resolution screens (high dots per inch)
- Enable voice-recognition support (Ok Google)
- Disable optimized assembly code that is not PIC friendly
- Enable proprietary codecs like H.264, MP3
- Use system ffmpeg instead of the bundled one
- Use bundled tcmalloc instead of system malloc
- Unsupported closed-source DRM capability (required by Netflix VOD)
Keychain 2.8.2 ReleasedKeychain 2.8.2, a maintenance and bug fix release, is now available.
Unfork Tree is Live!The "unfork" tree is now merged into the main Funtoo Linux tree, and Funtoo Linux is now using shards for core packages, x11 (including media libraries), KDE, GNOME, python and perl.
Chromium is the free open source version of Google Chrome. This package takes a very long time to compile.
# emerge www-client/chromium
You may instead accept all licenses and emerge google-chrome (which is binary, and not open source), if you prefer a shorter compile time.
# emerge www-client/google-chrome