Linux 3 Compatibility
From Funtoo Linux
Revision as of 20:47, 10 June 2011 by Drobbins
- Linux 3.0-rc is out now, please test all kernel related packages and report issues (VirtualBox, Genkernel,....) to make sure nothing will break. Currently reported issues:
- app-emulation/virtualbox-modules (all versions): the eclass linux-mod (even in portage-2.2.2) needs a small correction detailed in a thread on gentoo.org) -- 404: Tested on 2011-06-02 => Works with portage-2.2.2 (pull request sent on funtoo-overlay for review and integration)
- dev-util/oprofile-0.9.6 : complains with "Kernel version '3.0.0-rc1 not supported"
- dev-util/valgrind-3.6.1 : "configure: error: Valgrind works on kernels 2.4, 2.6"
- dev-libs/nss-3.12.10 : *** No rule to make target ../coreconf/Linux3.0.mk
- sys-block/open-iscsi-2.0.871.3 : Sorry, your kernel must be 2.6.16-rc5 or newer!