|Source Repository:||Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: A cross-platform Atari Jaguar emulator.
Newsletter, Volume 1Discussed: ati-drivers, GitHub integration, Funtoo on ARM, GNOME updates, Organizations, and two new devs.
New Media Mix-insFuntoo Linux now has new media mix-ins. Learn about them and how to use them.
The Many Builds of Funtoo LinuxWe now have lots of different builds of Funtoo Linux for various CPUs, as well as Hardened, Stable and ARM, and a new UI to browse them. Learn more here.
Virtual Jaguar is a cross-platform Atari Jaguar emulator with a Qt UI. Currently the only one still in active development, it is being utilized by developers of Jaguar software in conjunction with real hardware tools like the Skunkboard. Also the only Jaguar emulator that comes with it's own pack-in title: Downfall. One of the stated goals of the project is to increase the compatibility as much as possible; as a result, speed is sometimes sacrificed.
- Multi-platform (currently Linux, Windows, and MacOS)
- Gamepad support
- Full screen support
- Good compatibility with existing Jaguar software
- Built-in facilities to assist developers in creating new software
- Partially multithreaded implementation of processor cores
- Customized version of the UAE 68000 core
- GUI is decoupled from emulator core