|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: A cross-platform Atari Jaguar emulator.
ARM RebuildARM systems will use new stage3's that are not compatible with earlier versions.
ABI X86 64 and 32Funtoo Linux has new 32-bit compatibility libraries inherited from Gentoo. Learn about them here.
Pre-built kernels!Funtoo stage3's are now starting to offer pre-built kernels for ease of install. read more....
Virtual Jaguar is a cross-platform Atari Jaguar emulator with a Qt UI. Currently the only one still in active development, it is being utilized by developers of Jaguar software in conjunction with real hardware tools like the Skunkboard. Also the only Jaguar emulator that comes with it's own pack-in title: Downfall. One of the stated goals of the project is to increase the compatibility as much as possible; as a result, speed is sometimes sacrificed.
- Multi-platform (currently Linux, Windows, and MacOS)
- Gamepad support
- Full screen support
- Good compatibility with existing Jaguar software
- Built-in facilities to assist developers in creating new software
- Partially multithreaded implementation of processor cores
- Customized version of the UAE 68000 core
- GUI is decoupled from emulator core