|Source Repository:||No results|
Summary: Video player based on MPlayer/mplayer2.
- Enable support for various archive formats via app-arch/libarchive
- Enable playback of Blu-ray filesystems
- Enable Bauer stereophonic-to-binaural headphone filter
- Build mpv CLI player
- Enable CDDA support via dev-libs/libcdio-paranoia
- Build documentation in pdf format
- Enable Kernel Mode Setting / Direct Rendering Manager based video output
- Enable support for various EGL-based video outputs
- Enable subtitles charset discovery via app-i18n/enca
- Enable Graphics Buffer Manager based EGL video output
- Enable support for saving screenshots in JPEG format
- Enable OSD (On Screen Display) and subtitles support via media-libs/libass
- Enable subtitles charset discovery via app-i18n/libguess
- Build mpv shared library
- Enable Lua scripting, OSC (On Screen Controller) GUI and net-misc/youtube-dl hook-script
- Use dev-lang/luajit instead of dev-lang/lua
- Enable Video4Linux2 MPEG PVR
- Enable support for the Raspberry Pi
- Enable high quality pitch correction via media-libs/rubberband
- Enable media-libs/libsdl2 based video and audio outputs (Note: these outputs exist for compatibility reasons only, avoid if possible)
- Enable subtitles charset discovery via dev-libs/uchardet
- Install additional video filters to be used with -vf dlopen
mpv is a fork of mplayer2, to learn more about the differences take a look at their docs.
Currently there is only mpv version 0.3.11 availabe in Funtoo, higher versions have been masked because they require a masked version of libav.
However if you use media-video/ffmpeg you can safely unmask it for virtual/ffmpeg
To learn more about unmasking packages, and making sure you really want to do this, take a look at the article on the Gentoo wiki.
emerge --ask --autounmask-write =media-video/mpv-0.4.2 dispatch-conf emerge --ask =media-video/mpv-0.4.2