Draft for an experiment in progress. Accuracy here is random!
Information here may vary from day to day and hour to hour. It is a "pad" to help us to take various notes on a future and more complete tutorial on how produce netboot images for SPARC machines. Free feel to annotate if you wish.
- Tilo (seems a bit buggy especially with large image => segfaults)
- Linux kernel in itself
The Linux kernel way
- Magic command (/in /usr/src/linux) : make tftpboot.img
- Scans System.map to get ELF entries (espcially _star and _end)
- Requires a root.img file in /usr/src. This file is a ramdisk image (!= initrd ?). The smaller the better, so cramfs can be used there
- cramfs must be included built-in