Difference between revisions of "Package:Chromium"
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
Revision as of 17:46, July 12, 2014
|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Chromium is the Open Source Web browser that serves as the foundation for Google Chrome.
- Use gtk3 instead of gtk2
- Enable support for high-resolution screens (high dots per inch)
- Enable voice-recognition support (Ok Google)
- Disable optimized assembly code that is not PIC friendly
- Enable proprietary codecs like H.264, MP3
- Use system ffmpeg instead of the bundled one
- Use bundled tcmalloc instead of system malloc
- Unsupported closed-source DRM capability (required by Netflix VOD)
Unfork Tree is Live!The "unfork" tree is now merged into the main Funtoo Linux tree, and Funtoo Linux is now using shards for core packages, x11 (including media libraries), KDE, GNOME, python and perl.
2015-10-12 by Drobbins
OpenSSH 7 Disables DSA Keys By DefaultPlease be aware of this important change to avoid getting locked out of your Funtoo server.
2015-10-07 by Drobbins
Project Unfork StatusHere's an update on Project Unfork, plus other neat things.
2015-10-03 by Drobbins