Revision as of 04:42, November 25, 2014 by Drobbins
|Source Repository:||Funtoo Overlay|
Summary: Universal network configuration daemon for laptops, desktops, servers and virtualization hosts
- Use net-dns/dnsmasq and net-firewall/iptables for connection sharing
- Use sys-auth/consolekit for session tracking
- Use dhclient from net-misc/dhcp for getting ip
- Use net-misc/dhcpcd for getting ip
- Use dev-libs/gobject-introspection for introspection
- Enable support for mobile broadband devices using net-misc/modemmanager
- Use dev-libs/nss for cryptography
- Use sys-auth/polkit for controlling privileges
- Enable support for mobile broadband and PPPoE connections using net-dialup/ppp
- Use net-dns/openresolv for managing DNS information
- Use sys-apps/systemd for session tracking
- Enable bindings for dev-lang/vala
- Enable support for the deprecated Wext (Wireless Extensions) API; needed for some older drivers (e.g. ipw2200, ndiswrapper)
- Enable support for WiMAX connections using net-wireless/wimax
Pre-built kernels!Funtoo stage3's are now starting to offer pre-built kernels for ease of install. read more....
12 May 2015 by Drobbins
Better Experiences: Ego and VimInfo on Funtoo's new personality tool called 'ego', and user-focused updates to vim's defaults.
27 April 2015 by Drobbins
View More News...
How We're Keeping You At the Center of the Funtoo UniverseRead about recent developments that keep you, our users, at the forefront of our focus as Funtoo moves forward.
10 April 2015 by Drobbins
# emerge networkmanager rc-update add NetworkManager rc
disable wicd, wpa_supplicant, net.ethX, & net.wlanX
# emerge nm-applet
# emerge networkmanagement