Revision as of 05:16, November 25, 2014 by Threesixes
|Source Repository:||Funtoo Overlay|
Summary: Universal network configuration daemon for laptops, desktops, servers and virtualization hosts
- Use net-dns/dnsmasq and net-firewall/iptables for connection sharing
- Use sys-auth/consolekit for session tracking
- Use dhclient from net-misc/dhcp for getting ip
- Use net-misc/dhcpcd for getting ip
- Use dev-libs/gobject-introspection for introspection
- Enable support for mobile broadband devices using net-misc/modemmanager
- Use dev-libs/nss for cryptography
- Use sys-auth/polkit for controlling privileges
- Enable support for mobile broadband and PPPoE connections using net-dialup/ppp
- Use net-dns/openresolv for managing DNS information
- Use sys-apps/systemd for session tracking
- Enable bindings for dev-lang/vala
- Enable support for the deprecated Wext (Wireless Extensions) API; needed for some older drivers (e.g. ipw2200, ndiswrapper)
- Enable support for WiMAX connections using net-wireless/wimax
RSS/Atom SupportYou can now follow this news feed at http://www.funtoo.org/news/atom.xml .
10 February 2015 by Drobbins
Creating a Friendly Funtoo CultureThis news item details some recent steps that have been taken to help ensure that Funtoo is a friendly and welcoming place for our users.
2 February 2015 by Drobbins
View More News...
CPU FLAGS X86CPU_FLAGS_X86 are being introduced to group together USE flags managing CPU instruction sets.
31 January 2015 by Mgorny
# emerge networkmanager # rc-update add NetworkManager # rc
disable wicd, wpa_supplicant, net.ethX, & net.wlanX
# emerge nm-applet
# emerge networkmanagement