From Funtoo Linux
Revision as of 05:40, 19 December 2011 by Drobbins
This page documents the effort to bootstrap Funtoo Linux using Aboriginal Linux.
The plan of attack is as follows:
- Start from an LFS build, plus necessary stuff for Portage to run.
- Create a package.provided file for the local LFS system so that Portage doesn't complain of unsatisfied /var/db/pkg entries.
- Use Portage to build a stage1 tarball to /tmp/stage1root.
At this point, Funtoo has been bootstrapped and we can extend this approach to bootstrap Funtoo on any architecture.
- A smaller Portage tree to not eat up so much filesystem space -- this should be relatively easy to create automatically using something like merge.py.
- A package.provided list of a current Funtoo system.