|Source Repository:||Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: GIT - the stupid content tracker, the revision control system heavily used by the Linux kernel team
- Use the new optimized SHA1 implementation
- Install gitweb too
- Support fetching and pushing (requires webdav too) over http:// and https:// protocols
- Pull in gnupg for signing -- without gnupg, attempts at signing will fail at runtime!
- Include the gitview contrib tool
- GitWeb support for app-text/highlight
- Support pulling and pushing from MediaWiki
- Make use of a bundled routine that is optimized for the PPC arch
- Include git-svn for dev-vcs/subversion support
- Adds support for push'ing to HTTP/HTTPS repositories via DAV
How We're Keeping You At the Center of the Funtoo UniverseRead about recent developments that keep you, our users, at the forefront of our focus as Funtoo moves forward.
New OpenGL management in FuntooFuntoo is switching to an improved system for managing multiple OpenGL providers (Mesa/Xorg, AMD and NVIDIA). The update may involve blockers and file collisions.
Subarch Profiles are coming...Subarch profiles are on their way! Learn more here.
Git is a revision control system used extensively under funtoo linux, and kernel.org. It is a distributed revision control system with a work flow that breaks away from the traditional client ----> server model to the git <--> git model. revision control means that the program operates like a progress save state in a game. you can save at the start of the game, mid way through, and at the final stage. if you desire to do sub quests you can load up the mid save point and then explore other areas of your code. git is suitable for just about everything regarding text. git is a bad choice for frequently changing binary files.