Talk:Funtoo Linux Installation
From Funtoo Linux
Revision as of 06:53, 19 May 2011 by Drobbins
Here are the rules for this doc -
- Keep things simple, and reasonably short.
- Explain all steps just enough to provide context, but not enough to interrupt the flow of the document.
- Integrate reasonable defaults into the doc that users can and will be expected to use successfully for their own installs. Don't include millions of "if/then" statements. Make reasonable assumptions.
- Recommend preferred approaches for install rather than exhaustively cover all possibilities.
- Don't use this doc to make your own personal recommendations.
- Don't cater to a specific sub-community - keep things general.
- Following this guide should result in a successful installation of Funtoo Linux.
- Optional topics should not clutter the main flow of the document - break them out to their own pages.
- Installing Funtoo can be educational, but the primary goal of this document is to help users get Funtoo Linux up and running successfully. Changes to the doc should be made in the hopes of increasing the % of successful installs. Educate, but do not overwhelm.
OK, I think I have repeated myself enough :)