Talk:Funtoo Linux Vision
Revision as of 04:58, November 6, 2010 by Brantgurga (I posted some more thoughts and questions related to project vision.)
- Why have Funtoo instead of continuing to work on Gentoo?
- Will Funtoo stay in the same technical basis as Gentoo or will it diverge further and further?
Brantgurga 01:25, 30 October 2010 (CEST)
- As the page is currently written, it talks about improving Gentoo though the mailing list post talked about forking. It also doesn't seem like there's interest in pushing improvements back to Gentoo. So maybe this can be clarified. So maybe it's not that we're improving Gentoo but that we're using Gentoo as a basis for build something better?
- Things like glibc and the toolchain are listed as things being improved, but I'm not particularly aware of anything we've done along those lines. Is this just in an idea stage in which case we should write down the ideas.
- Is the original Gentoo philosophy a part of Funtoo's vision, or is it just informative as a historic note?
Brantgurga 05:58, 6 November 2010 (CET)