i would like to setup also a Metro FAQ. would you please add questions and answers? :-) -- ferdy
1. what is metro?
Metro is the build system for Funtoo stages. It automates the bootstrapping process.
2. which is the latest version of metro?
As for today, the raccomanded way to use metro is to clone it from git repository (see Quick Installation Guide)
3. how can i get metro? How can i configure it?
See Quick Installation Guide
4. how i choose the best stage3 for my arch 5. can i build 32 from 64? and viceversa?
you can build 32 within 64 but not the other way around
6. can i build any cpu arch from any different cpu arch?
if you use any stage, the CPU of your system needs to support at least all those instruction of the source or target stage's subarch.
6. can i build stable from current? and viceversa?