|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: An enhanced, drop-in replacement for MySQL
- Add support for NDB clustering (deprecated)
- Enables the community features from upstream.
- Build embedded server (libmysqld)
- Add support for alternative storage engines (Archive, CSV, Blackhole, Federated(X), Partition)
- Use dev-libs/jemalloc for allocations.
- Use LATIN1 encoding instead of UTF8
- Raise the max index per table limit from 64 to 128
- Install client programs only, no server
- Add support for the Open Query GRAPH engine
- Add support for statement profiling (requires USE=community).
- Build support for profiling and tracing using dev-util/systemtap
- Add suport for the sphinx full-text search engine
- Install upstream testsuites for end use.
- Add support for TokuDB storage engine
ARM RebuildARM systems will use new stage3's that are not compatible with earlier versions.
ABI X86 64 and 32Funtoo Linux has new 32-bit compatibility libraries inherited from Gentoo. Learn about them here.
Pre-built kernels!Funtoo stage3's are now starting to offer pre-built kernels for ease of install. read more....
MariaDB is a drop in replacement for MySQL.
Mariadb's executable is /usr/bin/mysql
Mariadb's init script is /etc/init.d/mysql
# emerge dev-db/mariadb
First Run & Lock Down
Mariadb requires configuration upon instillation.
To deploy Mariadb:
# emerge --config dev-db/mariadb
# rc-service mysql restart # mysql_secure_installation