|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: An enhanced, drop-in replacement for MySQL
- Build the libmysqlclient libraries
- Add support for NDB clustering (deprecated)
- Enables the community features from upstream.
- Build embedded server (libmysqld)
- Add support for alternative storage engines (Archive, CSV, Blackhole, Federated(X), Partition)
- Use dev-libs/jemalloc for allocations.
- Use LATIN1 encoding instead of UTF8
- Raise the max index per table limit from 64 to 128
- Install client programs only, no server
- Add support for the Open Query GRAPH engine
- Enable the optional PAM authentication plugin for the server
- Add support for statement profiling (requires USE=community).
- Build the server program
- Add suport for the sphinx full-text search engine
- Build support for profiling and tracing using dev-util/systemtap
- Build the command line tools (mysql, mysqldump, mysqladmin, etc)
- Install upstream testsuites for end use.
- Add support for TokuDB storage engine
IP Space Migration ContinuesAll Funtoo user containers in the 8.28 IP space will be moving into our new IP space (172.97) over the next few days. If you have DNS set up -- be sure to watch your container and update to the new IP! container.host.funtoo.org DNS will be updated after the move.
Funtoo Hosting IP MoveFuntoo user containers with IPs in the 72.18.x.x range will be gradually migrating to new IP addresses this week. If you have DNS entries for your containers, please be aware that your DNS will need to be updated.
New ARM StagesNew ARM Stages, built with a new toolchain, are now hitting mirrors. Existing ARM users should re-install using these stages (dated Aug 3, 2015 or later,) rather than upgrade using emerge.
MariaDB is a drop in replacement for MySQL.
Mariadb's executable is /usr/bin/mysql
Mariadb's init script is /etc/init.d/mysql
# emerge dev-db/mariadb
First Run & Lock Down
Mariadb requires configuration upon instillation.
To deploy Mariadb:
# emerge --config dev-db/mariadb
# rc-service mysql restart # mysql_secure_installation