|Source Repository:||Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: An enhanced, drop-in replacement for MySQL
- Add support for NDB clustering (deprecated)
- Enables the community features from upstream.
- Build embedded server (libmysqld)
- Add support for alternative storage engines (Archive, CSV, Blackhole, Federated(X), Partition)
- Use dev-libs/jemalloc for allocations.
- Use LATIN1 encoding instead of UTF8
- Raise the max index per table limit from 64 to 128
- Install client programs only, no server
- Add support for the Open Query GRAPH engine
- Add support for statement profiling (requires USE=community).
- Build support for profiling and tracing using dev-util/systemtap
- Add suport for the sphinx full-text search engine
- Install upstream testsuites for end use.
- Add support for TokuDB storage engine
Pre-built kernels!Funtoo stage3's are now starting to offer pre-built kernels for ease of install. read more....
Better Experiences: Ego and VimInfo on Funtoo's new personality tool called 'ego', and user-focused updates to vim's defaults.
How We're Keeping You At the Center of the Funtoo UniverseRead about recent developments that keep you, our users, at the forefront of our focus as Funtoo moves forward.
MariaDB is a drop in replacement for MySQL.
Mariadb's executable is /usr/bin/mysql
Mariadb's init script is /etc/init.d/mysql
# emerge dev-db/mariadb
First Run & Lock Down
Mariadb requires configuration upon instillation.
To deploy Mariadb:
# emerge --config dev-db/mariadb
# rc-service mysql restart # mysql_secure_installation