Revision as of 07:44, February 5, 2015 by Threesixes
|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: BIND - Berkeley Internet Name Domain - Name Server
- Enables dynamic loaded zones, 3rd party extension
- Enable filtering of AAAA records over IPv4
- Enables fixed rrset-order option
- Enables gost OpenSSL engine support
- Enable gssapi support
- Enable JSON statistics channel
- Build and install the nslint util
- Enable response policy rewriting (rpz)
- Use /dev/urandom instead of /dev/random
IP Space Migration ContinuesAll Funtoo user containers in the 8.28 IP space will be moving into our new IP space (172.97) over the next few days. If you have DNS set up -- be sure to watch your container and update to the new IP! container.host.funtoo.org DNS will be updated after the move.
2015-08-27 by Drobbins
Funtoo Hosting IP MoveFuntoo user containers with IPs in the 72.18.x.x range will be gradually migrating to new IP addresses this week. If you have DNS entries for your containers, please be aware that your DNS will need to be updated.
2015-08-11 by Drobbins
New ARM StagesNew ARM Stages, built with a new toolchain, are now hitting mirrors. Existing ARM users should re-install using these stages (dated Aug 3, 2015 or later,) rather than upgrade using emerge.
2015-08-06 by Drobbins
BIND is a DNS server.
# emerge net-dns/bind
Local Caching Only Server
# echo "dns_servers="127.0.0.1" >> /etc/conf.d/net
still broken do not use this page yet, under construction