|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Small forwarding DNS server
- Add support for acting as an authorative DNS server.
- Add support for Linux conntrack connection marking.
- Install extra command line tools for manually managing DHCP leases.
- Enable support for acting as a DHCP server.
- Enable support DNSSEC validation and caching.
- Enable support for calling scripts when leases change.
- Enables built in TFTP server for netbooting.
Keychain 2.8.2 ReleasedKeychain 2.8.2, a maintenance and bug fix release, is now available.
Unfork Tree is Live!The "unfork" tree is now merged into the main Funtoo Linux tree, and Funtoo Linux is now using shards for core packages, x11 (including media libraries), KDE, GNOME, python and perl.
Dnsmasq is a dns cache, dhcp, and pxe server. This package is lightweight, and will work well for individual computers, or small lans.
# emerge net-dns/dnsmasq
/etc/dnsmasq.conf is where most of dnsmasq's configuration is done. It's file is well commented, and ready for several scenarios.
# rc-update add dnsmasq default # rc