|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Small forwarding DNS server
- Add support for acting as an authorative DNS server.
- Add support for Linux conntrack connection marking.
- Install extra command line tools for manually managing DHCP leases.
- Enable support for acting as a DHCP server.
- Enable support DNSSEC validation and caching.
- Enable support for calling scripts when leases change.
- Enables built in TFTP server for netbooting.
Dnsmasq is a dns cache, dhcp, and pxe server. This package is lightweight, and will work well for individual computers, or small lans.
# emerge net-dns/dnsmasq
/etc/dnsmasq.conf is where most of dnsmasq's configuration is done. It's file is well commented, and ready for several scenarios.
# rc-update add dnsmasq default # rc