Life with GNU/Linux
I started using GNU/Linux somewhere around 1997/98. My first distro was RedHat 5.0 if I remember correctly and I tried a couple of others (including Fedora, Corel Linux, ...) and finaly discovered Gentoo probably around 2008/09. Since then I love the extended freedom and control over my systems. I've converted one of my systems to Funtoo Linux on Sep 06 2011, if the emerge.log is not lying. Other systems followed shortly. I have recently tried Funtoo on ARM platform, where Gentoo was working for me just fine and now my ARM gadgets are running on Funtoo as well.
List of systems
- motherboard - AMD K7 (Socket A) Mainboard w/ SIS 735 - KOB 735 FSX - SDRAM up to 133 MHz / DDR RAM up to 266MHz max 1GB (2x512MB).
- memory - 512MB SDRAM
- processor - Athlon XP 2000+ 1667 MHz 256 KiB 266 MT/s 12.5x 1.60 V 60.3 W (A/B) AXDA2000DUT3C
- motherboard - DFI LanParty UT nF590 SLI-M2R/G - nForce590 SLi, DualCh DDR2 1066, 2xPCIe x16, SATA II RAID FW 2xGLAN 8ch audio scAM2
- memory - 2GB (KIT 2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz PC6400 CL5-5-5-12 CORSAIR TWINX XMS2 Black BOX
- processor - AMD Dual-Core Athlon A64 X2 3800+ EE (65W) 64-bit Windsor BOX socket AM2
- motherboard - GIGABYTE EP45C-DS3R - P45/ ICH10R, 2x PCIe x16, DDR3 1600/ DDR2 1066, SATA II RAID, USB2.0, 2xGLAN, FW, ATX, 8ch audio, sc775
- memory - 8GB 4x2GB DDR2 1066MHz PC8500 CL5-6-6-18 OCZ Gold Gamer eXtreme Edition XTC - vhodné pro DualChannel
- processor - INTEL Core 2 Quad Q9300 - 2,50GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 2x 3MB cache, socket 775, EM64T BOX (Yorkfield)
- motherboard - ASUS U36SD
- memory - SODIMM DDR3 Synchronous 1333 MHz (0,8 ns) 4GB RAM
- processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz
- vos, vir, vis