|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: The PHP language runtime engine: CLI, CGI, FPM/FastCGI, Apache2 and embed SAPIs
- Enable CLI SAPI
- Enable embed SAPI
- Add supports Enchant spelling library.
- Add fileinfo extension support
- Add filter extension support
- Enable the FastCGI Process Manager SAPI
- Adds support for gd (bundled with PHP)
- Enable the hash extension
- Enable JSON support
- Add SASL support for the PHP LDAP extension
- Use native driver for mysql, mysqli, PDO_Mysql
- Use libmyslclient driver for mysql, mysqli, PDO_Mysql (not recommended)
- Enables the intl extension for extended internalization support
- Enables built-in opcode cache, replacing pecl-apc et.al
- Enable the bundled PDO extensions
- Enables the phar extension to provide phar archive support
- Enable XMLReader support
- Enable XMLWriter support
- Enable the XSL extension
- Enable webp suppoprt for GD
- Enable ZIP file support
OpenSSH 7 Disables DSA Keys By DefaultPlease be aware of this important change to avoid getting locked out of your Funtoo server.
Project Unfork StatusHere's an update on Project Unfork, plus other neat things.
IP Space Migration ContinuesAll Funtoo user containers in the 8.28 IP space will be moving into our new IP space (172.97) over the next few days. If you have DNS set up -- be sure to watch your container and update to the new IP! container.host.funtoo.org DNS will be updated after the move.
PHP is a server-side scripting language designed for web development but also used as a general-purpose programming language.
By default php does not have the cgi, FPM/FastCGI, mysql, mysqli, apache2 use flag turned on. Many packages are php aware, set the php global use flag so other applications can interact with php.
USE="php mysql mysqli apache2 fpm cgi......"
# emerge php
Fpm is a php handler. It is php daemonized.
To start the php-fpm service:
# rc-service php-fpm start
To start the php-fpm service at boot:
# rc-update add php-fpm
Php-fpm is controlled by
Change Php Fpm's User/Group
Making php-fpm workers work as the apache user makes most apache permission configurations work with out a bother.
;user = nobody ;group = nobody user = apache group = apache
Limit worker numbers to 20 max. When your server is behind a reverse proxy it doesn't need many workers.
pm.max_children = 20 pm.start_servers = 1 pm.min_spare_servers = 1 pm.max_spare_servers = 19
Date & Time
Set the time and date for php web applications. full list of php timezones
[Date] ; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions ; http://php.net/date.timezone ;date.timezone =
the same procedures can be done for other php implementations at