|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: The PHP language runtime engine: CLI, CGI, FPM/FastCGI, Apache2 and embed SAPIs
- Enable CLI SAPI
- Enable embed SAPI
- Add supports Enchant spelling library.
- Add fileinfo extension support
- Add filter extension support
- Enable the FastCGI Process Manager SAPI
- Adds support for gd (bundled with PHP)
- Enable the hash extension
- Enable JSON support
- Add SASL support for the PHP LDAP extension
- Use native driver for mysql, mysqli, PDO_Mysql
- Use libmyslclient driver for mysql, mysqli, PDO_Mysql (not recommended)
- Enables the intl extension for extended internalization support
- Enables built-in opcode cache, replacing pecl-apc et.al
- Enable the bundled PDO extensions
- Enables the phar extension to provide phar archive support
- Enable XMLReader support
- Enable XMLWriter support
- Enable the XSL extension
- Enable webp suppoprt for GD
- Enable ZIP file support
ARM RebuildARM systems will use new stage3's that are not compatible with earlier versions.
ABI X86 64 and 32Funtoo Linux has new 32-bit compatibility libraries inherited from Gentoo. Learn about them here.
Pre-built kernels!Funtoo stage3's are now starting to offer pre-built kernels for ease of install. read more....
PHP is a server-side scripting language designed for web development but also used as a general-purpose programming language.
By default php does not have the cgi, FPM/FastCGI, mysql, mysqli, apache2 use flag turned on. Many packages are php aware, set the php global use flag so other applications can interact with php.
# emerge php
Fpm is a php handler. It is php daemonized.
To start the php-fpm service:
# rc-service php-fpm start
To start the php-fpm service at boot:
# rc-update add php-fpm
Php-fpm is controlled by
Change Php Fpm's User/Group
Making php-fpm workers work as the apache user makes most apache permission configurations work with out a bother.
Limit worker numbers to 20 max. When your server is behind a reverse proxy it doesn't need many workers.
Date & Time
Set the time and date for php web applications. full list of php timezones
the same procedures can be done for other php implementations at