Funtoo Graphics Mix-Ins
- This mix-in enables all DRI-based Intel integrated graphics, including support for Vulkan and video acceleration where available. Do an
emerge libva-intel-driver afterwards to ensure you have full video acceleration support.
- This mix-in enables support for modern Radeon cards, Southern Islands -- GFX Core 6 (see this x.org reference) and greater. Includes Vulkan and video acceleration where available. Drivers are built for both the Gallium framework (modern replacement for DRI framework) and DRI framework. Glamor is used to accelerate 2D operations.
- This mix-in enables support for modern Radeon cards, R600 through Northern Islands -- GFX Core 4 and 5 (see this x.org reference). Drivers are built for the Gallium framework (modern replacement for DRI framework) as well as DRI framework. Glamor is used to accelerate 2D operations.
- Use this mix-in to enable support for R300 up to (but not including) R600 Radeon cards -- -- GFX Core 3 (see this x.org reference). DRI as well as Gallium-based drivers are enabled.
- Use this mix-in to enable support pre-R300 cards -- GFX Core 1 and 2 (see this x.org reference). These drivers are DRI-based.
- Use this to enable support for proprietary NVIDIA drivers. You will also need to
emerge nvidia-kernel-modules, blacklist
nouveau and add yourself to the
video group. See this documentation for more details. Note that Funtoo now has two catpkgs for NVIDIA proprietary graphics --
nvidia-kernel-modules -- to aid the use of NVIDIA acceleration on containers.
- Proprietary NVIDIA drivers like above, but the legacy version of the driver that supports older hardware. See https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/unix/ and browse the specific driver version that
emerge is installing to get detailed compatibility information.
- Use this mix-in to enable support for Open Source nouveau drivers.