|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Console file manager with vi(m)-like keybindings No contents found at URL http://127.0.0.1:8888/portage/meta/app-misc/vifm.
Latest InnovationsThis news item documents the latest innovations now available under Funtoo Linux.
Vifm is an ncurses based file manager with vi like keybindings/modes/options/commands/configuration, which also borrows some useful ideas from mutt. If you use vi, vifm gives you complete keyboard control over your files without having to learn a new set of commands.
- cross-platform (GNU/Linux, *BSD, Solaris, Windows, Mac OS)
- UTF-8 support
- user mappings (almost like in vi)
- ranges in command-line commands
- user defined commands (support ranges)
- operation undoing/redoing
- FUSE file systems support
- multiple files renaming (also known as "bulk renaming" or "batch renaming")
- filename modifiers
- Color schemes
- file name color according to generic file type
- path specific colorscheme customization
- operation backgrounding
- customizable file viewers
- handy less-like preview mode with support of colors
- (interactive) filtering out and searching for files using regular expressions
- one or two pane view
- shell-like command line editing
- multicolumn view
- ls-like view
- customizable file name prefixes and suffixes
- built-in integration with GNU Screen and tmux
- external editing of command line
There is seperate git repository containing a collection of color themes for vifm.
If you would like to just have one theme you could download it via wget like this:
$ wget -P ~/.vifm/colors https://raw.githubusercontent.com/vifm/vifm-colors/master/solarized-dark
If you prefer to download all themes you could clone the entire repository, and stay up to date.
$ rm -rf ~/.vifm/colors $ git clone https://github.com/vifm/vifm-colors ~/.vifm/colors
To check for updates just type
$ cd ~/.vifm/colors. $ git pull