Funtoo Desktop Team
Funtoo Desktop is a small Funtoo team that aims to provide funtoo with ebuilds / configurations and tutorials for Funtoo users that aim their builds to a desktop oriented ecosystem, both in home and office environments this team guides it's efforts in bringing Funtoo to everyone.
- Bring support to the existing Desktop Environments making sure they all work under Funtoo as well as packaging the missing ones.
- Bring easy-to-use applications for novice users that are staring to use Funtoo or simply want a "forget about it" experience.
- Respond to Funtoo taboos of excessive compilation times & working desktop limitations that circle around the internet
- Provide a true "init freedom" desktop experience (this does not imply we will oficially support systemd).
- Bring a variety of customization options inside Funtoo without adding foreign overlays ensuring Funtoo quality builds.
- Provide a functional, easy to use and fast desktop experience for novice users without limiting veteran ones and preserve Funtoo Philosophy on source based systems.
- Track down and squash current Funtoo bugs that prevent a proper desktop experience.
How to Contribute
- Help by fixing bugs here.
- Package missing desktop environments such as Deepin, Budgie, Pantheon, etc.
- Create awesome artwork for Funtoo! (Wallpapers, Icon Themes, GTK Themes, Bootsplashes, GRUB Splashes, new logos).
- Help your friends installing Funtoo in their machines.
- Translate current tutorials or write new ones.
- Help with the current porthole alternative written in python3.