Download - Amd64-excavator
This section lists the CPU-optimized Funtoo Linux builds currently available for download for amd64-excavator. The amd64-excavator subarch supports the AMD excavator microarchitecture, produced from 2015. It is the successor to the AMD Steamroller microarchitecture and will be the last revision of the 'bulldozer' family of processors, and is succeeded by AMD Ryzen processors. These processors also include the Bristol Ridge/Carizzo and Stoney Ridge APUs such as the AMD Athlon FX 9830P that include excavator cores along with integrated graphics cores.
If you are new Funtoo user, we strongly recommend using the GNOME stage3 to set up your initial desktop environment quickly and easily. Please see Support Matrix for what we support. Funtoo is optimized for very fast and easy install using our GNOME stage3.
Not sure which to choose? See this portion of our Install docs.
For information on how to verify the integrity of your stage3 tarball using
gpg, see GPG Signatures.
|CPU_FLAGS (see CPU_FLAGS for more info)|
Currently the following excavator CPUs are available:
- AMD Athlon X4 845
- AMD Athlon X4 940
- AMD Athlon X4 950
- AMD Athlon X4 970
- Bristol Ridge aka "Carizzo" laptop APUs:
- AMD Athlon FX 9830P (Released on integrated Biostar motherboard in 2020 with integrated CPU)
- AMD A10 9630P ([https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=973 Biostar board with integrated CPU)
- AMD PRO A4-3350B ([https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=949 Biostar board with integrated CPU)
- AMD FX-8800P ([https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=950 Biostar board with integrated CPU)
- Stoney Ridge
See Wikipedia:Excavator_(microarchitecture) for more information.
Amd64-excavator subarches are instruction-compatible with amd64-steamroller, but add new instructions over amd64-steamroller, including the MOVBE instruction.