Latest Wiki Updates
- Install/MBR Partitioning/pt-br (Kyetoy)
- Creating Your Own Meta-Repo and Kits/Gitolite Setup (Drobbins)
- Support Matrix/pt-br (Kyetoy)
- Wolf Pack Philosophy/es (Nnunez)
- Creating Your Own Meta-Repo and Kits (Drobbins)
- Wolf Pack Philosophy/pt-br (Kyetoy)
- Install/Download and Extract Stage3/pt-br (Kyetoy)
- Install/Done/pt-br (Kyetoy)
- Install/Profiles/pt-br (Kyetoy)
- GNOME First Steps/pt-br (Kyetoy)
- Support Matrix (Drobbins)
Welcome! Funtoo Linux (distrowatch) is a community-developed Linux meta-distribution and evolution of Gentoo Linux. Funtoo Linux is optimized for the best possible performance on the latest Intel and AMD hardware. Funtoo is led by Daniel Robbins, the creator of Gentoo Linux, and actively developed by the Funtoo community. Install / Download / FAQ
Funtoo is similar to Gentoo, but take heed -- it is also different! Our distinctives all stem from our different approach to community. If you are new to Funtoo, please familiarize yourself with Funtoo's Wolf Pack Philosophy. It will help you to understand what Funtoo is all about. And the second half of the page will explain some key technical differences in comparison to Gentoo.
You are welcome to contribute Funtoo Linux development via code.funtoo.org without going through any special procedure or complicated approval process. See Development Guide for more information on how to contribute to Funtoo. We also have YouTube video tutorials to help you get started. A key part of the Funtoo mission is supporting Funtoo users and assisting them in becoming productive and happy contributors to the project.