Latest Funtoo Software Releases
- luet 0.29.2 (2022-09-08)
- luet 0.29.1 (2022-09-05)
- luet 0.28.0 (2022-08-23)
- metatools 1.1.0 (2022-08-19)
- livecd 20220808-0409 (2022-08-08)
New Projects (Create New Project)
- User Services/Mottainai
- Programming Languages
- Macaroni Linux
- User Services
- New Install Experience
Latest Wiki Updates
Welcome! Funtoo Linux (distrowatch) is a community-developed Linux meta-distribution and evolution of Gentoo Linux. Funtoo Linux is optimized for the best possible performance on the latest Intel and AMD hardware. Funtoo is led by Daniel Robbins, the creator of Gentoo Linux, and actively developed by the Funtoo community. Install / Download / FAQ
Funtoo is similar to Gentoo, but take heed -- it is also different! Our distinctives all stem from our different approach to community. If you are new to Funtoo, please familiarize yourself with Funtoo's Wolf Pack Philosophy. It will help you to understand what Funtoo is all about. And the second half of the page will explain some key technical differences in comparison to Gentoo.
You are welcome to contribute Funtoo Linux development via code.funtoo.org without going through any special procedure or complicated approval process. See Development Guide for more information on how to contribute to Funtoo. We also have YouTube video tutorials to help you get started. A key part of the Funtoo mission is supporting Funtoo users and assisting them in becoming productive and happy contributors to the project.
Latest Project Updates Feed
- 17 September 2022 Funtoo:Macaroni Linux
- A new release of Phoenix branch is out! 22.09.01-phoenix. It contains the security fix of the open-vm-tools about CVE-2022-31676.
- 07 September 2022 Funtoo:Macaroni Linux
- The first release of Phoenix branch is been released! 22.09-phoenix. Will be available in the weekend the ISO related to this release.
- 01 September 2022 Funtoo:Macaroni Linux
- Following the path to reach a stable and organized way, I'm happy to announce the release 22.09-eagle for containers. I will release soon the Phoenix release too.
- 19 August 2022 Funtoo:Metatools
- Metatools 1.1.0 has been released, which includes a lot of new features and improvements.
- 27 July 2022 Funtoo:Ruby
- FL-9695 has now been completed, bringing a fully metatools modernized ruby-kit to Funtoo next, including making Ruby 3.1.2 the default Ruby.
- 26 July 2022 Funtoo:Security
- app-antivirus/lkrg - effective kernel rootkit detector available in security-kit