I like this idea, and it is well-written so far. How did you get the idea of 5 sections? Are you copying this from somewhere else? It would be good to write it from scratch, if that is the case.
Welcome to Funtoo Linux! This handbook covers the installation and day to day use of Funtoo Linux. This manual is a work in progress and is the work of many individuals. As such, some sections may become dated and require updating. If you are interested in helping out with this project, create an account on this site and start editing.
The Funtoo newcomer will find that the first section of this book guides the user through the Funtoo installation process and gently introduces the concepts and conventions that underpin LINUX®/UNIX®. Working through this section requires little more than the desire to explore, and the ability to take on board new concepts as they are introduced.
Once you have traveled this far, the second, far larger, section of the Handbook is a comprehensive reference to all manner of topics of interest to Funtoo system administrators. Some of these chapters may recommend that you do some prior reading, and this is noted in the synopsis at the beginning of each chapter.
For a list of additional sources of information, please see Appendix B, Bibliography.
Organization of This Book
This book is split into five logically distinct sections.
- The first section, Getting Started, covers the installation and basic usage of Funtoo. It is expected that the reader will follow these chapters in sequence, possibly skipping chapters covering familiar topics.
- The second section, Common Tasks, covers some frequently used features of Funtoo. This section, and all subsequent sections, can be read out of order. Each chapter begins with a succinct synopsis that describes what the chapter covers and what the reader is expected to already know. This is meant to allow the casual reader to skip around to find chapters of interest.
- The third section, System Administration, covers administration topics.
- The fourth section, Network Communication, covers networking and server topics.
- The fifth section contains appendices of reference information.