389 Directory Server
|Current Maintainer(s):||Patrick Creech|
|Source Repository:||Repository:Funtoo LDAP Overlay|
Summary: This is the core part of 389 Directory Server -- technically, all you need for an LDAP deployment, although many will want to install 389-ds-admin for the graphical management capabilities, too.
- Enable pam-passthru plugin - for simple and fast system services used in ldap
- Enable dna (distributed numeric assignment ) plugin - to automatically assign unique uid numbers to new user entries as they are created.
- Enable presence plugin - non-stabdart syntax validation
- Enable bitwise plugin - supported data in raw/bitwise format
- Enable auto bind over unix domain socket (LDAPI) support
- Enable auto bind with auto dn suffix over unix domain socket (LDAPI) support
- Enable LDAP over unix domain socket (LDAPI) support
IP Space Migration ContinuesAll Funtoo user containers in the 8.28 IP space will be moving into our new IP space (172.97) over the next few days. If you have DNS set up -- be sure to watch your container and update to the new IP! container.host.funtoo.org DNS will be updated after the move.
Funtoo Hosting IP MoveFuntoo user containers with IPs in the 72.18.x.x range will be gradually migrating to new IP addresses this week. If you have DNS entries for your containers, please be aware that your DNS will need to be updated.
New ARM StagesNew ARM Stages, built with a new toolchain, are now hitting mirrors. Existing ARM users should re-install using these stages (dated Aug 3, 2015 or later,) rather than upgrade using emerge.
389 Directory Server
This is the core part of 389 Directory Server -- technically, all you need for an LDAP deployment, although many will want to install 389-ds-admin for the graphical management capabilities, too.
After emerge, to set up your LDAP server, run:
If you want the Apache-based graphical admin console set up, along with your LDAP server, emerge 389-ds-admin and run:
This will set up both for you, and then you will be able to remotely manage your LDAP server using the Java-based Package:389 Directory Server Console.