|Source Repository:||Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Chromium is the Open Source Web browser that serves as the foundation for Google Chrome.
- Disable patent-encumbered HTML5 video codecs
- Enable support for high-resolution screens (high dots per inch)
- Disable optimized assembly code that is not PIC friendly
- Use bundled tcmalloc instead of system malloc
- Support the Widevine DRM module from www-plugins/chrome-binary-plugins
RSS/Atom SupportYou can now follow this news feed at http://www.funtoo.org/news/atom.xml .
Creating a Friendly Funtoo CultureThis news item details some recent steps that have been taken to help ensure that Funtoo is a friendly and welcoming place for our users.
CPU FLAGS X86CPU_FLAGS_X86 are being introduced to group together USE flags managing CPU instruction sets.
Chromium is the free open source version of google chrome. This package takes a very long time to compile.
# emerge www-client/chromium
you may also accept all licenses and emerge google-chrome which is binary instead if you're not looking to compile a browser all day.
# emerge www-client/google-chrome