|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Chromium is the Open Source Web browser that serves as the foundation for Google Chrome.
- Split build into more shared libraries to speed up linking. Mostly intended for debugging and development, NOT RECOMMENDED for general use.
- Enable support for GConf to retrieve system settings
- Use gtk3 instead of gtk2
- Enable support for Google Hangouts features such as screen sharing
- Disable optimized assembly code that is not PIC friendly
- Enable proprietary codecs like H.264, MP3
- Build the SUID sandbox, which is only needed on CONFIG_USER_NS=n kernels
- Use system ffmpeg instead of the bundled one
- Use system icu instead of the bundled one
- Use system libvpx instead of the bundled one
- Use bundled tcmalloc instead of system malloc
- Unsupported closed-source DRM capability (required by Netflix VOD)
Funtoo-Stable Going AwayAs we move towards the next generation of Funtoo Linux, funtoo-stable is being retired.
New Ports-2017 tree and KitsFuntoo has a new ports-2017 tree, and introducing kits! (BETA)
Chromium is the free open source version of Google Chrome. This package takes a very long time to compile.
# emerge www-client/chromium
You may instead accept all licenses and emerge google-chrome (which is binary, and not open source), if you prefer a shorter compile time.
# emerge www-client/google-chrome