|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Tool to manage Gentoo overlays
- Support dev-vcs/bzr based overlays
- Support dev-vcs/cvs based overlays
- Support dev-vcs/darcs based overlays
- Support app-portage/g-sorcery based overlays
- Support dev-vcs/git based overlays
- Support app-crypt/gnupg signed overlays lists and manifests
- Support dev-vcs/mercurial based overlays
- Support mounting squashfs image overlays locally read-only
- Support dev-vcs/subversion based overlays
- Install the sys-apps/portage sync module
Funtoo Services available thru BreezyOpsFuntoo Linux support and consulting services are now available from BreezyOps.
Layman is an "overlay" external repository management tool.
# emerge layman
Fetch, and display a list of overlays:
# layman -L
Add an overlay to your system:
# layman -a <overlay name>
After adding first overlay(s) make.conf must source laymans overlays for emerge to pull in packages from external sources. This line needs to be below everything else in make.conf.
# echo "source /var/lib/layman/make.conf" >> /etc/portage/make.conf
Delete an overlay from your system:
# layman -d <overlay name>
Masking Overlay Packages
Overlays have the power to override distro packages. To avoid conflicts, mask everything in the overlay, and unmask the packages that are necessary to your system.
Sync a specific overlays ebuilds:
# layman -s <overlay name>
Sync all overlays:
# layman -S
Sync all overlays via eix:
Problem: Warning: an installed db file was not found at: ['/var/lib/layman/cache***.xml']
# layman -L