|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: The PHP language runtime engine: CLI, CGI, FPM/FastCGI, Apache2 and embed SAPIs
- Enable password hashing algorithm from app-crypt/argon2
- Enable CLI SAPI
- Include gcov symbols for test coverage and lcov reports. Only useful for extension developers, and requires GCC.
- Enable embed SAPI
- Add supports Enchant spelling library.
- Add fileinfo extension support
- Add filter extension support
- Enable the FastCGI Process Manager SAPI
- Adds support for gd (bundled with PHP)
- Enable the hash extension
- Enable JSON support
- Add SASL support for the PHP LDAP extension
- Use libmyslclient driver for mysql, mysqli, PDO_Mysql (not recommended)
- Enable support for dev-db/lmdb db backend
- Enables the intl extension for extended internalization support
- Enables built-in opcode cache, replacing pecl-apc et al.
- Enable the bundled PDO extensions
- Enables the phar extension to provide phar archive support
- Enable the PHP Debug Command Line SAPI (like gdb for php)
- Enable support for crypto through libsodium
- Enable support for dev-db/tokyocabinet db backend
- Enable XMLReader support
- Enable XMLWriter support
- Enable the XSL extension
- Enable webp support for GD in php-5.x
- Enable webp support for GD in php-7.x
- Enable ZIP file support
- Enable ZIP file encryption from dev-libs/libzip
Funtoo-Stable Going AwayAs we move towards the next generation of Funtoo Linux, funtoo-stable is being retired.
New Ports-2017 tree and KitsFuntoo has a new ports-2017 tree, and introducing kits! (BETA)
PHP is a server-side scripting language designed for web development but also used as a general-purpose programming language.
By default php does not have the cgi, FPM/FastCGI, mysql, mysqli, apache2 use flag turned on. Many packages are php aware, set the php global use flag so other applications can interact with php.
USE="php mysql mysqli apache2 fpm cgi......"
# emerge php
Fpm is a php handler. It is php daemonized.
To start the php-fpm service:
# rc-service php-fpm start
To start the php-fpm service at boot:
# rc-update add php-fpm
Php-fpm is controlled by
listen = /var/run/php-fpm/php-fpm.sock listen.backlog = -1 listen.owner = apache listen.group = apache listen.mode=0660
Change Php Fpm's User/Group
This is for php-fpm worker processes permissions. Making php-fpm workers work as the apache user makes most apache permission configurations work with out a bother.
;user = nobody ;group = nobody user = apache group = apache
Limit worker numbers to 20 max. When your server is behind a reverse proxy it doesn't need many workers.
pm.max_children = 20 pm.start_servers = 1 pm.min_spare_servers = 1 pm.max_spare_servers = 19
Date & Time
Set the time and date for php web applications. full list of php timezones
[Date] ; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions ; http://php.net/date.timezone ;date.timezone =
the same procedures can be done for other php implementations at