No contents found at URL http://ports.funtoo.org/packages.xml.
|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Salt is a remote execution and configuration manager, written in Python.
- Enable support for using cherrypy.
- Enable salt-cloud support via libcloud.
- Support managing virtual machines with app-emulation/libvirt.
- Enable support for gnupg via python-gnupg.
- Enable support for keyrings via python-keyring.
- Add support for using the mako template engine for parsing salt states.
- Support returning data to a mongodb server.
- Support the OpenStack neutron network service.
- Enable support for the OpenStack Nova API
- Add support for using TLS via OpenSSL.
- Add support for package state enforcement using sys-apps/portage
- Add support for the new RAET transport.
- Support returning data to a redis database.
- Use timelib to parse english textual date descriptions.
- Add support for the zeromq transport.
Kits Are Go (And Ego Needs a Manual Bump)An update on kits and how to manually update to ego-1.1.3-r3 (required steps for some)
Kits are Go (Switch to Them!)Kits are now the official way we do things at Funtoo.
Funtoo-Stable Going AwayAs we move towards the next generation of Funtoo Linux, funtoo-stable is being retired.
From SaltStack's Web site:
"SaltStack takes a new approach to infrastructure management by developing software that is easy enough to get running in seconds, scalable enough to manage tens of thousands of servers, and fast enough to control and communicate with them in milliseconds. SaltStack delivers a dynamic infrastructure communication bus used for orchestration, remote execution, configuration management and much more. The Salt open source project was launched in 2011 and today is the fastest-growing, most-active configuration management / systems management project in the world. SaltStack is the company responsible for keeping the Salt project healthy and dynamic. Salt remains 100% open."
Saltstack is infrastructure management and orchestration software that is very fast, because of parallel and real-time communication between master (server) and minions (clients). All the work is done directly by the minion, master sends only configuration definitions and instructions what to run, all the heavy lifting is done by the minions themselves. Salt can be used in heterogen environments due to its cross-platform capabilities. Salt is secure as all communication between the master and the minion is encrypted using AES keys.
Salt gives ability to execute commands on all registered minions and also performs configuration management, but also orchastration of multiple systems.
After you install SaltStack, you are immediately ready to run shell commands, update packages, and distribute files to all managed systems simultaneously.
salt '*' cmd.run 'uptime' salt '*' disk.usage salt '*' pkg.install cowsay