|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Universal Netboot Installer creates Live USB systems for various OS distributions
Funtoo Services available thru BreezyOpsFuntoo Linux support and consulting services are now available from BreezyOps.
Unetbootin is an easy to use program to generate live usb disks.
# emerge unetbootin
Download your favorite ISO, select ISO mode in the program, point to the ISO image, point the program to your flash drive, hit OK.
Windows 7 Live USB Install Keys
Making windows 7 bootable usb install media requires several things to happen in a special order. This requires unetbootin 494 binaries from sourceforge. It is a good idea to also have official portage unetbootin installed to satisfy all of the binary dependencies.
- Install gparted and ntfs-3g.
- Format your 8gb or larger media as ntfs.
- Mount your freshly formatted usb disk
- Get unetbootin-linux-494 binary from source forge http://sourceforge.net/projects/unetbootin/files/UNetbootin/494/
- Chmod +x unetbootin-linux-494
- As root run ./unetbootin-linux-494
- Select disk image, then locate windows ISO. Select show all drives, then navigate to your usb devices ntfs partition.
- Select ok, have a cup of hot coco as this will take some time. exit rather than reboot. Unmount, and remove flash drive.