|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Universal Netboot Installer creates Live USB systems for various OS distributions
New Ports-2017 tree and KitsFuntoo has a new ports-2017 tree, and introducing kits! (BETA)
Unetbootin is an easy to use program to generate live usb disks.
# emerge unetbootin
Download your favorite ISO, select ISO mode in the program, point to the ISO image, point the program to your flash drive, hit OK.
Windows 7 Live USB Install Keys
Making windows 7 bootable usb install media requires several things to happen in a special order. This requires unetbootin 494 binaries from sourceforge. It is a good idea to also have official portage unetbootin installed to satisfy all of the binary dependencies.
- Install gparted and ntfs-3g.
- Format your 8gb or larger media as ntfs.
- Mount your freshly formatted usb disk
- Get unetbootin-linux-494 binary from source forge http://sourceforge.net/projects/unetbootin/files/UNetbootin/494/
- Chmod +x unetbootin-linux-494
- As root run ./unetbootin-linux-494
- Select disk image, then locate windows ISO. Select show all drives, then navigate to your usb devices ntfs partition.
- Select ok, have a cup of hot coco as this will take some time. exit rather than reboot. Unmount, and remove flash drive.