|Current Maintainer(s):||Oleg Vinichenko|
|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Salt is a remote execution and configuration manager, written in Python.
- Enable support for salt-api.
- Enable support for using cherrypy.
- Enable salt-cloud support via libcloud.
- Support managing virtual machines with app-emulation/libvirt.
- Enable support for gnupg via python-gnupg.
- Enable support for keyrings via python-keyring.
- Add support for using the mako template engine for parsing salt states.
- Support returning data to a mongodb server.
- Support the OpenStack neutron network service.
- Enable support for the OpenStack Nova API
- Add support for using TLS via OpenSSL.
- Add support for the new RAET transport.
- Support returning data to a redis database.
- Use timelib to parse english textual date descriptions.
- Add support for the zeromq transport.
Perl UpdatesGentoo has bumped perl from 5.20 to 5.22. Be sure to run perl-cleaner --all after the upgrade.
ARM RebuildARM systems will use new stage3's that are not compatible with earlier versions.
ABI X86 64 and 32Funtoo Linux has new 32-bit compatibility libraries inherited from Gentoo. Learn about them here.
SaltStack takes a new approach to infrastructure management by developing software that is easy enough to get running in seconds, scalable enough to manage tens of thousands of servers, and fast enough to control and communicate with them in milliseconds. SaltStack delivers a dynamic infrastructure communication bus used for orchestration, remote execution, configuration management and much more. The Salt open source project was launched in 2011 and today is the fastest-growing, most-active configuration management / systems management project in the world. SaltStack is the company responsible for keeping the Salt project healthy and dynamic. Salt remains 100% open.
The Funtoo Linux version of Salt is implemented using our new Python ebuild system. See Creating Python-related Ebuilds for more information.