|Source Repository:||Repository:Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Tool to manage Gentoo overlays
- Support dev-vcs/bzr based overlays
- Support dev-vcs/cvs based overlays
- Support dev-vcs/darcs based overlays
- Support app-portage/g-sorcery based overlays
- Support dev-vcs/git based overlays
- Support app-crypt/gnupg signed overlays lists and manifests
- Support dev-vcs/mercurial based overlays
- Support mounting squashfs image overlays locally read-only
- Support dev-vcs/subversion based overlays
- Install the sys-apps/portage sync module
Keychain 2.8.2 ReleasedKeychain 2.8.2, a maintenance and bug fix release, is now available.
Unfork Tree is Live!The "unfork" tree is now merged into the main Funtoo Linux tree, and Funtoo Linux is now using shards for core packages, x11 (including media libraries), KDE, GNOME, python and perl.
OpenSSH 7 Disables DSA Keys By DefaultPlease be aware of this important change to avoid getting locked out of your Funtoo server.
Layman is an "overlay" external repository management tool.
# emerge layman
make.conf must source laymans overlays for emerge to pull in packages from external sources.
# echo "source /var/lib/layman/make.conf" >> /etc/portage/make.conf
Fetch, and display a list of overlays:
# layman -L
Add an overlay to your system:
# layman -a <overlay name>
Delete an overlay from your system:
# layman -d <overlay name>
Masking Overlay Packages
Overlays have the power to override distro packages. To avoid conflicts, mask everything in the overlay, and unmask the packages that are necessary to your system.
Sync a specific overlays ebuilds:
# layman -s <overlay name>
Sync all overlays:
# layman -S
Sync all overlays via eix: