|Source Repository:||Gentoo Portage Tree|
Summary: Tool to manage Gentoo overlays
- Support dev-vcs/bzr based overlays
- Support dev-vcs/cvs based overlays
- Support dev-vcs/darcs based overlays
- Support app-portage/g-sorcery based overlays
- Support dev-vcs/git based overlays
- Support app-crypt/gnupg signed overlays lists and manifests
- Support dev-vcs/mercurial based overlays
- Support mounting squashfs image overlays locally read-only
- Support dev-vcs/subversion based overlays
- Install the sys-apps/portage sync module
New OpenGL management in FuntooFuntoo is switching to an improved system for managing multiple OpenGL providers (Mesa/Xorg, AMD and nVidia). The update may involve blockers and file collisions.
Subarch Profiles are coming...Subarch profiles are on their way! Learn more here.
RSS/Atom SupportYou can now follow this news feed at http://www.funtoo.org/news/atom.xml .
Layman is an "overlay" external repository management tool.
# emerge layman
make.conf must source laymans overlays for emerge to pull in packages from external sources.
# echo "source /var/lib/layman/make.conf" >> /etc/portage/make.conf
Fetch, and display a list of overlays:
# layman -L
Add an overlay to your system:
# layman -a <overlay name>
Delete an overlay from your system:
# layman -d <overlay name>
Masking Overlay Packages
Overlays have the power to override distro packages. To avoid conflicts, mask everything in the overlay, and unmask the packages that are necessary to your system.
Sync a specific overlays ebuilds:
# layman -s <overlay name>
Sync all overlays:
# layman -S
Sync all overlays via eix: