Funtoo MATE Project
What are the Benefits?
This is part of a large collaborative community effort to bring the best in class and latest Desktop Environments to Funtoo Linux powered by Funtoo Metatools to ensure we have Grade A Funtoo Support Matrix for this DE. This means that the DE has reached three major milestones:
- We have a Funtoo Project tracking the development with an active maintainer for the Desktop Environment
- There is an official Funtoo kit dedicated to the Desktop Environment container all Funtoo Metatools powered packages
- There is an official Stage 3 available to all Funtoo Users for the Desktop Environment
What are we Building?
Grade A support of the MATE Desktop Environment on Funtoo Linux
Funtoo Linux Python Support for MATE
At the time of writing only 4 (four) core MATE packages require Python, specifically Python 3.7+ as all python2 support was deprecated in previous releases:
These packages have the next Python requirements
* Requires: >=dev-libs/libpeas, dev-libs/glib, >=x11-libs/gtk+,>=x11-libs/gtksourceview-4.0.2:4
* Requires: >=dev-python/pygobject-3,>=mate-base/mate-menus, x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf,>= x11-libs/gtk+
* Requires: dev-libs/atk, >= dev-libs/glib-2.50:2, dev-python/pygobject:3, >=mate-base/caja-1.19.1, mate-extra/caja-extensions, media-libs/fontconfig:1.0, media-libs/freetype:2, x11-libs/cairo, x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf:2, >= x11-libs/gtk+, x11-libs/libXinerama, x11-libs/pango
NOTE: Neither pluma-plugins nor mate-dev-scripts packages exist in Funtoo Linux as of now.