Latest Funtoo Software Releases
- metatools 1.3.1 (2023-06-03)
- metatools 1.3.0 (2023-05-29)
- livecd 20230311-1411 (2023-03-11)
- livecd 20230107-0220 (2023-01-07)
- livecd 20221229-0411 (2022-12-29)
New Projects (View All / Create New Project)
- User Services/Mottainai
- Programming Languages
- Macaroni Linux
- User Services
- New Install Experience
Latest Wiki Updates
Welcome! Funtoo Linux (distrowatch) is a community-developed Linux meta-distribution and evolution of Gentoo Linux. Funtoo Linux is optimized for the best possible performance on the latest Intel and AMD hardware. Funtoo is led by Daniel Robbins, the creator of Gentoo Linux, and actively developed by the Funtoo community. Install / Download / FAQ
Funtoo is similar to Gentoo, but take heed -- it is also different! Our distinctives all stem from our different approach to community. If you are new to Funtoo, please familiarize yourself with Funtoo's Wolf Pack Philosophy. It will help you to understand what Funtoo is all about. And the second half of the page will explain some key technical differences in comparison to Gentoo.
You are welcome to contribute Funtoo Linux development via code.funtoo.org without going through any special procedure or complicated approval process. See Development Guide for more information on how to contribute to Funtoo. We also have YouTube video tutorials to help you get started. A key part of the Funtoo mission is supporting Funtoo users and assisting them in becoming productive and happy contributors to the project.
Connect with us Discord (en), Telegram (en/pt) and please visit the Funtoo channel on YouTube -- and remember to Subscribe!
Latest Project Updates Feed
- 30 May 2023 Funtoo:Harvester
- The harvester/2023-05 branch was merged into Funtoo.
- 08 March 2023 Funtoo:Harvester
- The harvester/2023-01 branch was successfully merged into Funtoo, and the harvester/2023-03 branch is now live. Focus for 2023-03 will be updating Xorg.
- 01 January 2023 Funtoo:Harvester
- The harvester/2022-12 branch was successfully merged into Funtoo, and the harvester/2023-01 branch is now live.
- 01 November 2022 Funtoo:Harvester
- The harvester/2022-10 branch was successfully merged into Funtoo, and the harvester/2022-11 branch is now live.
- 10 October 2022 Funtoo:Metro
- Metro now has a new Initial Setup guide, which explains how to use the totally rewritten (and reliable) setup tool.
- 10 October 2022 Funtoo:Evolved Bootstrap
- The Evolved Bootstrap stage1 has been validated to successfully build a stage3 using Metro. Here's full documentation that explains how to do this. This allows Funtoo to be built from scratch (from a non-Funtoo/Gentoo system) and "feed" Metro to build official stag...