Funtoo Linux First Steps/Helpful Applications for Daily Usage
< Funtoo Linux First StepsJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 12:27, September 7, 2021 by Nonuke (removed information that best place to get help is IRC, and directed users to Discord.)
Here are some other packages you may want to consider installing via
- Allows you to have persistent login sessions.
- Similar to
screen-- some people prefer it.
- Grant root privileges to selected users and command combinations.
- Colorful and informative text-based process list.
- Similar to htop, includes disc I/O and network I/O in display.
- Quick portage package search
- Portage utils
- GNU Midnight Commander is a text based file manager --- some will recall
- Command-line interface to various pastebins; very useful in providing info along with bugs reports
- A modular textUI IRC client with IPv6 support; a powerful tool to get help, but note that Funtoo Community has no IRC channel, and moved to Discord. Nice companion to
root # emerge --jobs app-misc/screen sudo htop eix gentoolkit app-misc/mc wgetpaste net-irc/irssi